This church exists to bring glory and honour to Almighty God by regular worship of His people; by preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the salvation of the lost; by the teaching and training of believers and the development of Christian character and conduct; by promoting the enterprise of missions worldwide; and by earnestly and compassionately defending the Christian faith while separating itself from all that dishonours Christ.
The mission of Emmanuel Baptist Church
Emmanuel Baptist Church exists for the purpose of making and maturing authentic Christian disciples who are growing in Christlikeness to the glory of God.
We believe Authentic, Bible-centered Christians are distinguished in . . .
- their relationship to God by . . .
- a whole-hearted devotion to the Father (Matthew 22:36-38)
- a vibrant relationship with the Son (I John 1:3)
- a life controlled by the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)
- their relationship to man by . . .
- following the Word of God rather than the traditions of men (Mark 7:6-9)
- reaching out to the lost world (Matthew 28:19-20)
- doing good to all men, especially those of the household of faith (Galatians 6:10)
- modeling sincere and transparent living (Romans 12:17)
The purpose and mission are accomplished through:
- To instill in the minds of the believers that witnessing is a daily privilege and priority.
- To emphasize personal evangelism by building relationships with people and by being ready to lead anyone to speak of Christ as opportunities arise.
- To train believers how to successfully bring the lost to Christ.
- To instill in the minds of the believers that being grounded in the Word of God is essential to daily Christian living.
- To emphasize expository teaching and preaching of the Scriptures.
- To train people to be more effective teachers of others.
- To use every possible avenue to teach the Scriptures.
- To provide meaningful worship services where the Holy Spirit can minister to the spiritual needs individuals.
- To be sensitive to the spiritual needs of people and use skill in applying Scriptures to meet those needs.